In response to the most recent government guidance I would like to take the opportunity to update you on what Leaping Man Group (Leaping Man Learning- Swift, Leaping Man Learning- IT and LEMA) are doing in response to the current climate.
As it stands, all education establishments, inclusive of Independent Training Providers such as Leaping Man Group, are to remain open. The government have made it clear that continuity of education is of the up most importance and must take priority.
As such all of our Academies are open to staff and students. Academies are open to visitors but only by appointment and where the meeting cannot take place remotely. All visitors are required to sign in for track and trace purposes.
Academy activity will resume as per the original scheduling agreed, student attendance is expected to ensure progress is maintained. If we feel the need to change this due to our ongoing assessment, we will communicate this with you as soon as possible.
We regularly review and revise our COVID-Response Risk Assessment to ensure that we are maintaining best practice in maintaining a COVID secure environment: most recently in ensuring that we are compliant with the new lockdown measures and guidance.
Measures in place include:
- Hand sanitizer stations at all entrances and exits
- Staff, students and visitors, unless exempt, are required to wear face coverings when entering and exiting the building as well as when they are in communal areas such as corridors.
- A ‘keep left system’ is in place within the Leaping Man Learning building to support everyone in travelling around the facility whilst maintaining social distancing.
- The new premises for Leaping Man Learning have last week undergone a certified, COVID secure deep clean.
- Both staff and students are in ‘bubbles’ to allow for prompt containment and isolation of specific ‘bubbles’ in the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID case.
- A strict cleaning regime and daily risk assessment is in place and practiced throughout the day
- Entrance policy which requires all staff, students and visitors to provide contact details and have a temperature check as part of their signing into the building.
Anyone with an elevated temperature will unfortunately not be allowed to enter and will be asked to take a COVID test and self-isolate until either a negative test result has been received or for the government recommended period of time.
- Increased signage around the premises reminding everyone of the measures in place.
The defining feature of an apprenticeship is the inclusion of; workplace reviews, assessments or learning. This activity is critical to maintaining student progress through their apprenticeship. In accordance with the current Government guidance, this activity will be continuing.
Your Workplace Coach will be in touch with you prior to each visit to confirm their visit and to discuss any measures you have in place to ensure that we are adhering to your policies and procedures whilst on site.